Saturday, October 2, 2010

Deforestation

The was:


The is:





What happened:

I hate trees and I want to cut them all down.  Okay, okay, not all trees...  Just coat trees.  They're ugly.  It's just a fact.  They just become these big burly coat monsters that get in the way and look messier and messier as more coats get piled on top.  Jonathan has a coat tree used to have a coat tree.  Now he has a nice pile of firewood for the winter.*  - insert evil laugh here - 

I found these really simple coat racks at Marshall's for 8 bucks a piece.  I thought that was really too good to pass up...  not to mention a sign from God that it was finally time to get rid of that hideous coat tree.  Fortunately, Jonathan was on board with the idea, and he totally loves the 'is'.  He was really helpful with the hardware on this transformation, so "mad props" to the love of my life for all his help.  Now we have room for a new piece of furniture...  and as you may (or may not) know about me:  I love to buy furniture.  Chairs especially.  Unfortunately, this isn't a chair location (despite the chair hidden in the 'was' picture...  notice it is not in the 'is' picture).  I'm thinking china cabinet-slash-cupboard-slash-writing desk.  Actually, the writing desk would be pretty awesome.  Then I would have an official place to compose my memoirs --> read:  "blog".  

Also, for possible future reference, note the color of the walls.  Not only is this the wall color in the foyer, but it is also found in the dining room, living room, and hallway.  Let's just say... it's not my favorite.  Maybe because it is so close to the exterior color of the house that I grew up in?  Or maybe because it looks like baby poop.  Either way, it doesn't look like a color that should be so dominant in the house.  Just keep this in mind for a potential future 'was' and 'is'.  Color suggestions anyone?  We're thinking grays with blue undertones... and guess who gets to paint it?  Me!  I'm actually really excited because I love love love to paint.  But Jonathan has 12 foot ceilings in the living room...  and I do not love love love heights.  


* No coat trees were harmed in the making of this blog post.

2 comments:

  1. Love it...clean lines...organized...got that Martha Stewart-y/Better Homes & Gardens/"Come Right On In And Sit A Spell" feel to it... One question...What's wrong with baby poop yellow? Seriously though, I like your idea of a soothing seafoam blue-green or peaceful hint of blue-gray color for those walls. Think of the colors you picked for the dining room & kitchen at the house you grew up in...you'll know what I mean. Love, Meems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before the photos loaded and I saw the first couple of sentences I got really mad at you haha. I was getting ready to send Captain Planet after you!

    ReplyDelete